Our little baby is now a toddler. He isn’t quite walking on his own, but he is definitely practicing. He is well and healthy again and has his first half of the H1N1 vaccine. I am blessed that he still takes two naps a day. Unfortunately, sometimes they are in my arms then I can’t move. But I know that he will not be this tiny forever and don’t mind it every once in a while. He is definitely growing up faster every day. The things he can figure out amaze me. He can put circles, squares and triangles in their holes and can kick a soccer ball. Lucas also can stack blocks four high and then laughs as he knocks them all down. He still looks like Sam and I can still not find any “Waters” attributes.
Lucas has had in interesting last month. He caught “croup” which is a viral infection that swells his throat, making him wheeze and cough. Unfortunately, even though he is better, he is still wheezing. Worried mom took him to the Children’s Hospital twice and the medi clinic. Poor little guy. Our little man is also getting his first teeth… the two front bottom teeth are coming in together. He is such a trooper and is a very happy baby, just chewing away on his little razbaby teether/soother. We also experienced his first thunderstorm today, and he didn’t even flinch. He is working on the crawling thing and actually goes backwards. If he wants to get anywhere he will usually roll to it or scream. I think he wants to skip the crawling and go straight to walking.
Well I said I wasn’t going to start cereals until he was six months but I went to a feeding your baby info session and found I can start now. So we started cereal last week with great success. Lucas sits in his Bumbo on the counter and makes a nice little mess of his face and bib. We tried the beef and broth baby food and he absolutely hated it. “What is this horrible stuff you have put in my mouth… Yuck!” So we are back to basic rice cereal which he loves. He has also started some new sounds… ma ma ma, br br br, na na na, hi , ah wa, his sontic sream and many more. He can also roll over from front to back and back to front. He still loves his Jolly Jumper and can jump for over an hour at a time. Keep checking the pics and we will try to take as many videos and pics as possible.
Well little Luc is not so little anymore… he grows bigger and longer everyday. He has started to sleep through the night but I am sure it is just a phase. Check out the pics on the photo page…
Born: September 22nd, 8:55pm
9lbs 12oz (Yes, that’s really 9lbs 12oz, and not a chubby 9lbs 12oz, he’s a big baby)
Baby is doing great and mom is recovering well.
Well, I am now at my due date and feel huge. The last doctors appointment says that I am only 2 cm dilated and baby seems to be quite comfortable in the womb. I have experienced every pre-labour sign known to the web for the last two weeks. I have decided that these are NOT pre-labour signs but just things that happen at the end of pregnancy. I have tried numerous ways to induce from castor oil and lots of walking to accupressure. Nothing seems to work.
On a brighter note, the doctor says that our stubborn son will be born on or before my birthday in ten days. Let us all wish that he comes sooner as my belly is so big that my doctor has stopped telling me how big I really am… last measure was 46 cm at week 38+4days. Joy!
Well hopefully my next post will be to introduce our little stubborn angel.
Well I am now 37 weeks pregnant but I am measuring at 41 weeks… yes I am that big. So the doctor on Wednesday thinks our little one will be born within the next week and a half. I am crossing my fingers as I really do not want a really big baby… hopefully if he comes early then he can be average. They also say that I now have gestational diabetes but nothing to worry about this close to term (the baby is already really big). I have been referred to the diabetes during pregnancy clinic to learn how to monitor what I eat and to start measuring by blood sugar levels. The only concern at this point is the baby’s insulin levels at birth… if I continue to eat a lot of glucose, he could have high insulin levels.
I am also starting to dilate so things seem to be moving along. I now have doctor appointments every week and get one more ultrasound next Wednesday. I also went for my last massage before birth today and loved it… did you know they actually have beds with holes in it for pregos like me. Although now I am having mild contractions in my back… how lovely.
Other then that I am still feeling pretty good but am ready to have my body to myself rather then share. Sleep is becoming harder to make reality. Sam is being super supportive and is trying to help and stay out of the way the best he can. Ah yes and most importantly, my last day of work was yesterday so everything is starting to become very real. Well that is about all I can say… watch for the last pics of super huge me and our little one to be.
8 weeks left and counting. In theory that is. There’s a 5% chance that there’s 8 weeks left. and a 95% chance that it’s between 6 and 10 weeks. Cara’s hoping for more like 6.
The second and final 4D ultrasound is complete. It took a little while to encode the video, but it’s ready to good now. The video can be seen at:
The rest of the photos from the session are up as well. Click on the picture to see the whole set.
Well the second trimester is almost at an end with one week remaining… I am feeling very large now and know the worst is yet to come. We haven’t done anything to the spare room, soon to be baby room, but I think everything has been ordered.
We still do not have a name picked out for our little one… but are leaning toward Lucas Oliver Leitch aka LOL. I am sure we will be thinking about names once the 30 week ultrasound comes back.
Our son is nothing like Sam and I as he is very active. He loves to kick, punch and squirm throughout the day. At least he is not keeping me awake at night, although my uncomfortable belly does that on its own.
Well 20 weeks and counting…
Last week we went to get a check up and ultrasound done. The baby’s looking nice and healthy. We found out he’s a he, which is great.
This week we went to UC-Baby to get our 4D ultrasound done. It was neat. the pictures from the session are in the baby photo gallery. The video from the session can be viewed here. Warning the video requires a high-speed internet connection to view.
Now that we’ve seen what he looks like, we’re trying to decide on names. Front-runners come and go with the tide, but hopefully we can think of something in the next 20 weeks.